CALIMESA OFFICE HOURS
8:15 - 3:45
BRING YOUR BOX TOPS
AND EARN MONEY
FOR OUR SCHOOL!!
.10 CENTS PER BOX TOP
INLAND EMPIRE 66ERS
"Hit the Books"
All Calimesa students were handed a book mark with a baseball diamond on the back at the POPS assembly on Friday, January 9. The kids are encouraged to complete the reading incentive and in return they will receive 2 free tickets to a 66ers game!!
Please check out our new marquee located on the front of the MPR. Look for updated information on important dates, events and announcements. We have the ability to post your child's birthday, special accomplishment or greeting for a nominal fee. This fee will help raise money to offset field trip expenses and special events that we are looking forward to having at Calimesa. Thank the PTA for this wonderful Marquee!!! They provided this wonderful tool to reach out to our parents and community. Please come to the office for more details on posting on our new marquee.
Drop Off and Pick Up Information
- Drop students off in front of the school after 8:15 a.m. There is no supervision for students prior to that time. Students must wait in the grass area to the south of the gate by the office in order to allow adults to pass on the sidewalks and get into the office.
- Classes dismiss at 3:05 p.m. Please pick up your students before 3:20 p.m. If you are unable to pick up on time, you will need to sign them up for Kids Club in the multipurpose room.
- During pick up time, students are to wait by the designated numbers (1, 2, & 3) and not on the grass or the cement wall. Students are to pay attention to the cars pulling up so we can keep traffic flowing. For the safety of all children, please make a right turn only when leaving the school.
- Students who are not picked up on the driveway curb should be picked up by an adult in front of the school, as they are instructed not to run or walk across any driveway or street by themselves.
- The parking lot to the north of the school is for staff parking and bus pick up. This is not a student pick up area.
- If your students ride a bike home, they are to walk their bike on the sidewalk until they leave the school premises. If your students walk home, they are to walk on designated sidewalks and leave campus as soon as they are released from school.
CALIMESA AND DUNLAP ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS PILOT POSITIVE BEHAVIOR SUPPORT PROGRAM
Positive Behavior Support (PBS) is a proactive approach based on a three-tiered model of prevention and intervention aimed at creating safe and effective schools. Emphasis is placed on teaching and reinforcing important social skills and to address behavior concerns. PBS has been demonstrated to reduce discipline problems and increase time for instruction.
Calimesa and Dunlap Elementary Schools are piloting PBS this year. For a few days, school personnel at Calimesa Elementary School asked students to “take a knee” when the bell rang. The purpose behind this practice was so that school personnel could quickly observe the entire playground. It was brought to the District’s attention that this practice concerned some of our families. The district responded to concerns regarding the program by no longer having students “take a knee.” The intent of this program was not to upset families in any way or disrupt learning at the school. It was intended to improve safe conditions for every student that attends Calimesa Elementary School.
Currently, one of the strategies to increase student safety and reduce discipline is to have students “freeze” in place when the bell rings at the end of recess and lunch. Once all of the students “freeze” in place, the school personnel dismiss students to walk to class in an orderly and safe manner.